Bible Quiz Preparation Kits - Week 1
Hello, my international guys (sorry, Chalie, Russ, and Ray; you are gentlemans) in FKUMC?
I will offer you bible quiz preparation kits covered the book of Genesis and the Gospel of Mark for the Bible Quiz Contest on 7th April.
First of all, I will announce you that I am employing New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) in order to make a quiz instead of New International Version (NIV) so that you should answer the questions with NRSV.
You could find various electronic forms through the Internet. If you have any concerns and questions, please contact me without hesitation through 214-732-0999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Good luck!
Rev. Seung Woo Han
The Book of Genesis
- What is the order of creation? (1:1-31)
1) the first day:
2) the second day:
3) the third day:
4) the fouth day:
5) the fifth day:
6) the sixth day:
7) the seventh day: (refer 2:4)
- Fill in the blank. (1:27)
"So God created humankind in his ( ),
in the image of ( )he created them;
male and female he created them."
- God blessed people he created. Then, how did he say them according to the book of Genesis? (1:28)
- According to Gen. chapter 2, God created Adam and his wife Eve with the dust of the ground. They have a special gift from God differently from any other creature on earth. What is it? (2:7)
Hint: the ( ) of life
- Choose the true explanation of serpent based on Gen 3.
1) the serpent has poison on edge of teeth
2) the serpent is wise and speedy
3) the serpent is more crafty than any other wild animal
- Is it true or false?
God says that "You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, nor shall you touch it, or you shall die."
(refer 3:3; 2:16-17)
- God banned to eat the fruit of this tree. What the name of tree is? (2:17)
- What is Able's vocation? (4:2)
- Fill in the Blank (refer 4:7)
'( ) is lucking at the door; its desire is for you, but you must ( ) it.'
- Gen 5 is Adam's genealogy. The author of the book of Genesis points out considerably important things in Adam's family tree. How did God creat humankinds based on what? (5:1)
The Gospel of Mark
- Where Jesus come from? What is the name of region? (1:9)
2. After forty days of fasting in the wilderness, Jesus at last began his ministry in Galilee. What is his first proclamaion at beginning
of the Galilean Ministry? (1:15)
Hint: it begins with "repent."
- The city, Capernaum, is the base camp for Jesus' Galilean ministry. In the city, Jesus healed a paralyzed man, carried by four mem. At that time, some of scribes questioned in their hearts, "Who can forgive sins but God alone?" Then, how did Jesus respond to them with how saying? (2:9-10)
- The Gospel of Mark contains many theological debates in the Gospel. Mk 2:23-28 is one of them. The Pharisees complain that "look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the sabbath?" because Jesus' disciples began to pluck heads of grain on Sabbath. What is response to them of Jesus? (2:28)